Monday, December 5, 2011

Welcome Back or whatever.

The NBA lockout is over. Hooray. Cool. Neat. Wait... what? Did you just not get overly excited about the return of the NBA after a 149 day lockout that nearly cancelled the entire season? What's your problem? I thought you liked sports, bro.

The NBA is back and I don't really care. Something about millionaires fighting with billionaires over who gets the extra 2% during 2 wars and a recession that makes me call Kris Humphries, Kim Kardashian's ex husband and not Kris Humphries, the NBA player.

Some players even had to get day jobs! : No way! I don't believe that tomfoolery! People who refused to work at their job had to get a new job? Welcome to how things work for everyone.
Plus, I'm not feeling sorry for Delonte West. If he refuses to do the one job he has experience in, he should have to apply for a job at Home Depot. Fuck, I wish I could get a job at Home Depot. Home Depot is exactly how far someone can go who has multiple neck tattoos, an 8th grade education, and a history of fucking the most talented person in his work environment's mother.

I shouldn't say that. Of course I'm excited for the return of the NBA. I'm glad the season starts on Christmas day. I think both sides deserve to work a holiday on their first day back to work.

NBA, you want fans to not turn your back on you? Then shut up about it and let's pretend like it never happened. If I was dating the NBA and the NBA cheated on me with some dude she met at the park who gave her an umbrella when it was raining, I'd be like "hey, I'm really mad, but I am also really forgetful. So I could see how someone having something that is a necessity in it's time of need could be a desire for you. This is probably my fault. Let's move on like nothing happened."

Treat your fans like the welcome mats they are, NBA. Then you'll be able to make money off that too.

Suck it.






1 comment: